Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Audience Feedback, 8/27/08

Your performance piece was amazing, and was so poignant - I was touched in ways I can't even put into words - I saw the show on Friday August 15th, and again last Thursday August 21st. I came with friends and with my partner. I'm sure you hear praise constantly but this goes so far beyond that.

I don't identify as trans necessarily, but i feel butch isn't the right word........I guess genderqueer aptly describes where I am right now....and I don't feel a lot of understanding from friends and community right now - my lesbian friends think I am unjustly denying "female" and "feminine" and just see boobs and a "pretty" face and wonder what the hell is up with me.......I have been very torn apart and emotional and I want you to know that your performance has made me see hope and truth and has opened a dialogue for me and several friends I was with. It has allowed me to talk about feelings I have and I feel better than I have in months, and I just wanted you to know..........and for some reason your karoke anthem has always been my own........i cried during that part of your show both for song choice and your passage that scrolled on the screen behind it - it was like seeing my part of myself on paper in front of me.

ps......the gender decoder ring is genius........and it made me feel that its okay to have all those things inside - i have stories from so many sides

Thank you!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home